Thursday, April 3, 2008

5 and 4 milers


I am a couple days behind on running posts now, because, well...I'm in Maui on vacation and being on the internet is not high on my priority list at the moment. We're having a great time exploring beaches and hiking around. We went to a Luau in Lahaina last night, which was cool.


Cassie and I ran a solid 5 miler on Tuesday. It was in the low 70s in the morning and windy. It was fairly hilly terrain, which I liked because we don't get any of that in Chicago. Cassie was not thrilled with it though. Both ankles felt great although I did have some tightness in my calf, which is new to me. I took a day off from running though and it feels fine. We stopped and grabbed some coffee after the run and enjoyed a leisurely walk back to the condo.


We rested on Wednesday and this morning we ran just under 4 miles on a slightly different route with fewer hills. We didnt get outside until after 8 a.m. so it was hotter than before with less wind. We are so not acclimated to the warm weather, after running in freezing temps for the last 4-5 months. I felt really good on the run today, no issues whatsoever. I'm feeling like I'll be in good shape for the 10k on Saturday. Well, we are off to Lahaina for the evening, so I'm out.

No comments: