Saturday, April 12, 2008

5 + 5 milers

Thursday night had horrible weather. It was freezing cold, windy and we were having big thunderstorms. Friday morning was a completely different day however and when I woke up to go for a run and meet up with my friend Jon it was about 55 degrees, sunny and clear. It was a beautiful, perfect morning for running. Jon hasn't been running since we ran a 5k with him last September, so we took it pretty easy. I showed him the river front path which is very close to his new condo in Lincoln Square. I ran 5 miles total including running to and from Jon's place. With Jon training to run the Soldier Field 10 miler with me, I'll probably be running a couple times with him each week until the race in May. I'm looking forward to having another running buddy for the summer. Jon ran in high school and college I think so it probably won't take him long to get back into training.

The nice weather came and went quickly on Friday. It has been very cool and rainy all day today. I was supposed to do a 12 mile long run with Erik, but our schedules didn't quite match up. Cassie did get in her 12 mile long run this morning. Erik and I decided to get our long run in tomorrow afternoon instead. The weather is supposed to be better at least. Since I was all dressed and stretched and ready to go running when I found out Erik wasnt able to go, I decided to get in a shorter run. I ran an easy 5 miler on the river path. It wasn't the best run for me. I didn't get much sleep last night and I think I was a little dehydrated as well, but I finished. I'm going to take it easy tonight and get some rest and hopefully tomorrow will be a good long run.

No comments: