Wednesday, April 16, 2008

River Path Runner

I should change my name to the River Path Runner because I have been on that route way more than the lakeshore the past two weeks. Five of my last seven runs have been on the river path. This is partially because I have run the Fleet Feet Monday Night Fun Run route two weeks in a row and my friend Jon lives closer to the river and isn't ready to increase his mileage by going to the lake yet.

As I mentioned, I ran the Fleet Feet Monday Night Fun Run route again this week. I intended for this run to be a recovery run after my 12 miler on Sunday. Well, I have a hard time taking it easy if I am running with a group. I was feeling good and so I ended up running 5 miles in about 41 minutes, which is a really quick pace for me. It was a fun evening. Mizuno was hosting the fun run and so there were drinks, appetizers and giveaways at Lattitude following the run. They gave away alot of stuff, but my unlikely self didn't win anything. I had a good time regardless and met some other runners.

This morning I ran with Jon again. Including the distance to and from his place I ran over 5 miles, at a much easier pace of about 53 minutes. I wasn't feeling quite so hot this morning. Last night we went to see The Bank Job at the Davis and had dinner at Thai Opart beforehand with wine. Well, a half-bottle of wine at dinner and a box of chocolate-covered cookie dough snacks at the movies apparently are not good for pre-run nutrition. The weather really improved today. It was about 50 degrees and very windy early this morning and is in the 70s now. We should be in a good weather pattern for the next week at least. I'm running with Erik in the morning so I should make sure I eat a better dinner tonight and get my rest.

No comments: