Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Another 5.9 miles and more pain

More of the same today with the ankle. I iced it last night and woke up feeling fine, but when I slipped on my running shoe the same pain came back. It has to be something with the place where my shoe is touching my ankle while I move, like a pinched nerve or bruised bone or something. It's weird because when my shoe is off it doesnt even feel tender or sore to the touch. I tried going back to the Nikes to see if that would make a difference, but it was the same. So I popped an IB proufen and went out with Cassie to meet up with Schroeder. I've never used a pain killer on a run before, mostly because I've never needed one, but it really helped. I felt great on the run. After about half a mile I felt no pain at all. I know it's not a good idea to use pain killers while running because you arent completely in touch with how you're actually feeling, but it was a quick cure for me today.

We moved at a pretty easy pace today thankfully. The weather was beautiful for an early spring morning. High 30s and sunny, so I wore shorts. I was hoping it would be a little warmer, but I survived with shorts. I'm gonna take a day or two off now to heal before my Saturday long run. We've got another 12 miles planned this weekend. Then on Sunday we are off to Maui for a week! Not sure if we'll have internet there, but if so, I'll post running updates. I want to get in 4-5 runs at least. We are running a 10k race next Saturday in Kahului, and we'll have to get in a long run someday. Maybe it will be summer when we get back to Chicago.

No comments: