Saturday, March 29, 2008

11 miles and back on track

Erik, Cassie and I put in an easy 11 miler today. I call it easy because there were a few stops on the run, so it wasn't continous. After about 6 miles we stopped at the theatre to help with some schlepping for the benefit tonight downtown. That was about a half-hour break, although it was heavy lifting, so that could sort of count as strength training. Then later near our home Cassie and I ran into an old friend from college who was waiting for the bus so we chatted with him for a while. We got the miles in eventually though. We were planning on 12 miles, but it just didnt workout that way. The weather was nice as well, sunny and in the high 30s with some wind.

The great news though is that both of my ankles felt great! The left one still was slightly tender, but not painful in the least and I didnt need to take any painkillers before or after. It seems like I am on my way back to running healthy.

We are off to Maui in the morning, and hopefully with the nice weather we should be able to get in a great running week. It will really help make up for this week which suffered because of needing to rest and heal my ankles. It worked though, so it was worth it. I have several hours worth of running podcasts to listen to on the flight tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to that. If I don't write while I am in Maui I will provide a full report upon my return. Mahalo!

No comments: