Tuesday, March 25, 2008

5.9 miles

I'm very discouraged tonight. I got home from work to go for a run outside. The weather was beautiful, in the low 50s and clear, just a little windy. I quickly threw on my running gear and headed towards the lakefront while there was still light. I was wearing shorts for the first time this spring, I was on a great pace and feeling like I could run for hours. My right ankle was giving me no problems and seemed to be healed. I was hoping to get in at least 6, maybe 7, miles.

Had I been running a 5k race, I probably would have PRd because it only took me a little more than 24 minutes to hit three miles and I didnt even feel like I was pushing too much. After I turned off the lakeshore path to head west on Irving Park back home I suddenly felt a sharp pain on my left ankle. I've had absolutely no problems with my left ankle to date. I tried to keep going, but had to stop a couple times and stretch it out and loosen up the laces on my shoes because thats where it felt like the pain was, right where I tie my shoes. I was somehow able to keep going, although at a much slower pace, and went from moments of sharp pain to no pain at all for the next 2 1/2 miles until I got home.

Right now I have it wrapped and iced. I also took an IB proufen so all is good. I'm supposed to run with Erik in the morning, but I'll have to see how I'm feeling. I need to head to bed to get some rest. What horrible luck the last 2 weeks. I just can't believe the ankle injury problems I've been having.

No comments: