Friday, July 10, 2009

Summer Update

Now that I'm caught up on race reports, I thought I'd give a quick update. My summer racing schedule is pretty quiet now. I have a couple 5ks the next month which are mostly going to be for fun or used as speed workouts. I'm looking forward to the new Terrapin 5k the most. RAM Racing always has the best goody bags. It's been a cool summer as far as weather is concerned which has been good for running. We had a short heat wave a few weeks ago with temps in the 90s, but otherwise its been 60s and 70s mostly.

I'm registered to run the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon on Sunday, October 4. I'm also planning on running the Outer Banks Marathon in North Carolina on Sunday, November 8. I'm going to make another attempt at a sub 4 hour marathon in the Twin Cities and then run OBX for fun with my wife while we visit her family down there. I'm really looking forward to the TC Marathon as a chance to see some family and I think the course is going to be beautiful. I'm a little worried about the big hill at mile 21, but hopefully with a few hill workouts I'll be okay. I'm keeping my long runs in the 12-14 mile range for the next few weeks until I need to start ramping up for fall. If the weather stays like this it should be a great summer for training.

No comments: