Thursday, July 9, 2009

Race Report: CARA Lakefront 10 miler

I havent written in forever, but thought I would catch up on my spring races with some quick reports. I started my racing season on April 26 with the Lakefront 10 miler, now run by CARA. My spring training was less than ideal because of the crappy extended winter weather, so I wasn't really shooting for a PR, but I still wanted to see what I could do. The race fell on my taper for the Wisconsin Marathon as well so I didnt want to overdo it. The weather was nice for a distance run, overcast and cool.

My mile splits:
Mile 1: 9:56
Mile 2: 9:48
Mile 3: 9:24
Mile 4: 9:28
Mile 5: 9:17
Mile 6: 9:34
Mile 7: 9:30
Mile 8: 9:42
Mile 9: 9:29
Mile 10: 8:27
Average Lap: 9:28

I finished in about 1:35 and was mostly happy with my run. My pacing was solid from miles 3 - 9 and I had enough gas left for a fast final mile. If anything it was a nice confidence builder for the marathon. CARA did a good job with the race. They cut the finisher's medal at the end and the shirt wasn't a true tech shirt, but those are about my only complaints and they are minor. This race will definitely stay on my spring calendar.

No comments: