Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Long Time, No See

We're in the midst of one of the coldest winters in recent Chicago history, and it's only mid-January. The weather has not been good for running. With all the travelling for the holidays, cold weather and not having a race on the calendar for many months, I haven't been motivated to go out more than once or twice a week. I started to get things back on track early this week, but I caught a cold and we're going to be in sub-zero temps for the next 3 days. Time to hit the gym for a few days and stay indoors.

It's hard to believe it's been a year since I ran my first marathon in Arizona. I wish we could head out there this weekend and escape the cold.

I spent some time tonight looking at upcoming races this year and that will definitely help me get motivated. Sadly, there arent really any races until April, so I need to find a way to get through the next 3 months. There are several new races in Chicago this summer and fall, including a couple new half-marathons, so that's something to get excited about. Anything to get motivated to get through the next couple months is a good thing now.

No comments: